Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What the other AFC North teams did and the Bengals didnt do
I’m pretty happy with how they addressed the defensive line. I like the draft picks as well as signing a proven guy like Hendrickson, and resigning Hubbard. I can’t wait to see what Ossai can do.

Yeah, they could spend 5mil or so on an aging pass rusher—but are they really in a mode where they’ve had proven playoff success and need a couple veteran rushers to top off the team and make a push for a SB? Not yet in my opinion. It’s smarter to focus on drafting for depth and developing those players in a rotation. They definitely put a lot of money into their two starters. I really don’t see an issue here.

I really don’t think they could have done much better in FA along the offensive line with the money available and the guys they had to resign this offseason. Reiff is a great signing in my eyes. Adding a stud guard would have been nice as well, but not something I expected. They did a good job addressing the oline in the draft. I would say they did a great job if they would have drafted Sewell. An all trenches draft would have been great; but in the end they spent the vast majority of their picks on both lines, and got the top playmaker in the draft. I’d say it’s a win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the other AFC North teams did and the Bengals didnt do - Bengalstripes9 - 08-05-2021, 07:01 AM