Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-04-2021, 02:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Joe was 24th in average passer rating 89.8. This is right above Dalton. Guys ahead of him include Phillip Rivers, Kirk Cousins, and Baker Mayfield.

Joe was 21st in completion percentage.

Joe threw the ball a ton last year (40 times a game). This would have been second in the league behind the Steelers and he only had more than 300 yards passing 5 times.

This was my first time really looking at his stats from last year. I know his offensive line was dog shit and he was a rookie last year, but man I was expecting his numbers to be better than that.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I'm just lowering my expectations of what to expect from him this year after reading those stats, hearing about how he looks in camp so far, and especially early on coming back from injury.

What are your guys' thoughts on his numbers from last year?

Not just cherry-picking your data here, but you do realize he only finished 9 games and had 200+ yards at the half against Washington? 

I get that the numbers weren't earth-shattering, but consider these other points:

His #1 WR was AJ Green and was being rated at or near the bottom of all starting WRs by PFF.  AJ just fell off a cliff.

His #1 RB was only available for half of his starts.

His offensive line lost one starter in the offseason to medical retirement and was replaced by Mike Jordan and lost the other guard in week 1 of the season, to be replaced by a revolving door of revolving doors.

John Ross started the first two games of the season before Higgins got a shot.  Higgins, as a rookie, ends up his #1 outside threat.

Jim Turner....'nuff said.  

Competition from his first start with no preseason?  Let's examine that:

Week 1- Chargers.  Very stout defense.  Elite pass rusher.
Week 2- Browns.  Very good front.  Elite pass rusher.
Week 3- Philly.  Very stout defense.  One of the best fronts in the league. 
Week 4- Jax.  They suck, and he took advantage.
Week 5- Baltimore.  Very tough defense.  Close to tops in the league
Week 6- Indy.  Ranked #1 defense at the time of the game.  Played well.
Week 7- Cleveland again
Week 8- Tennessee.  Not a good defense, but a playoff team.  Handled them.  
Week 9- Pitt.  #1 defense in the league at the time of the game
Week 10- Washington. Very tough defense.  Elite front four.  Had 200 yards passing at the half. 

It wasn't like Burrow got to come in to the league and face pathetic Buffalo, Miami, and NYJ teams like Brady did for so many years.  That was a gauntlet, and it won't get any easier.   

The past is the past, but it made him what he is today, and I can't wait to see what he does in year 2.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's stats from last year... - SHRacerX - 08-05-2021, 09:32 AM