Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to go get Rick Wagner
(08-05-2021, 09:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It might come down to the choice of extending Bates vs. adding another tackle.  

It is easy to say that you want to sign another tackle, but Bates might be more affordable now than if he has an all-pro season.  

I have more faith in Fred Johnson at tackle (he never should have been at guard).  The Bengals are an unbelievable 3-1 in games he has started.  I think old Fred is one of those guys that doesn't show up much in practice but is solid on game day.  

I understand he has a minor quad injury, but he should be in good shape and a solid backup before the season starts.  

One other thing to consider is that if you do add another tackle, you likely lose Fred or Smith.

We have 19 million in cap room should be right around 5th most in league.  We can sign 2 tackles 2 guards and bates and just about anybody else out there that we want at this point.  We can structure contracts however we want but with 19 mil of room we can easily sign bates and oline help without much cap manipulation at all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's time to go get Rick Wagner - mikey6866 - 08-05-2021, 12:02 PM