Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt
(08-05-2021, 12:33 PM)TJ528 Wrote: no nate you're totally correct we the Bengals went 0-4 in the preseason in 2015 on their way to 8-0. 

However, you had a QB who had 5 years of experience with 3 stud WR and a stud TE, with a pretty good running game and OL.  

Defense under Zimmer was proven and had leaders and veterans who'd been in Zimmers defense for awhile. 

Then look at this team.  Burrow coming back off a devastating blown out knee.  An OL that has 0 depth and even the starters on this teams OL are no where near as good as the 2015 OL.  The 2015 defense was a damn good defense in the front 7 as well.  

So I'd say the comparisons between that 2015 team and this 2021 team are slim.  

Yeah, I do like our starting WR's maybe better but we definitely don't have a 2015 Eifert on this team and as you say no depth.

I do think we will be much better this season than last year if our starters can stay healthy especially in the trenches but I agree 
that 2015 team was tough in all 3 phases. We had a shot that year with that Defense and ST's unit along with THAT O-line.

Zim was a fantastic DC, would love to have him back here if Taylor and Lou keep sucking it up.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals offense continues to struggle / Reiff hurt - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-05-2021, 12:37 PM