Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-07-2021, 10:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are agreeing with me.  I have argued all along that even good QBs need talent around them in order to win.

Glad to see that you re finally coming around to my position.  No more of this "Dalton was just good because of the players around him while Burrow will just make everyone around him better."

Dalton, personally, wasn't quite as good as Burrow, but i've never disagreed that QBs with more talented weapons usually perform better. 

The difference is, the better QBs don't need as much talent as much as a lesser talented QB. Their output should typically be better, with similar talent. That was the case with Burrow. His comp% was higher, his TDs were almost identical, his intereptions were lower and his overall rating was higher. 

For people who watch QBs and how they play, there is a distinction in what they're capable of doing and that's not always seen when you look at stats, after the season is over.

I'm not sure if you're saying that Dalton and Burrow are equal QBs in terms of talent and ability, but i'm saying they're not. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's stats from last year... - rfaulk34 - 08-07-2021, 01:30 PM