Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-07-2021, 02:36 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I’m just trying to be realistic. They’ve certainly invested more in the oline this year. I’m really happy to see the defense playing like they are. It sounds like the run game is improving a bit. I’m hoping that means we see a more balanced attack.

Burrows injury is very serious with the act, mcl, and structural damage. He’s done great so far and I hope to see him bounce back all the way. I have a wait and see approach. Hoping for the best. But I’m perfectly fine with a cautious approach as opposed to the decisions that led to his injury.

For sure, and your concerns with Zac's play calling are extremely valid. We need to run the ball more and not give up on it.

I for one like passing on 1st downs more and running after and also using Mixon and the backs more in the passing game as an 
extension of the running game. Makes us more unpredictable and puts us in shorter 2nd and 3rd downs. I really liked hearing 
about D'ante Smith and Jonah having a good day run blocking for Mixon yesterday. The Wide Zone scheme sounds like it is what
this OL likes as I was most concerned about our run blocking before hearing this.

I think we will be much better at protecting Burrow this year with a starting line of...

Jonah-Spain/XSF-Hopkins-Carman/XSF-Reiff/D'Ante Smith

Ten times better than having Michael Jordan and Redmond out there in the middle with Hart at RT.

BTW, even Michael Jordan looks better than last year from what I saw, he was actually staying low. Maybe Willie helped him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's stats from last year... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-07-2021, 03:16 PM