Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-07-2021, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, and your concerns with Zac's play calling are extremely valid. We need to run the ball more and not give up on it.

I for one like passing on 1st downs more and running after and also using Mixon and the backs more in the passing game as an 
extension of the running game. Makes us more unpredictable and puts us in shorter 2nd and 3rd downs. I really liked hearing 
about D'ante Smith and Jonah having a good day run blocking for Mixon yesterday. The Wide Zone scheme sounds like it is what
this OL likes as I was most concerned about our run blocking before hearing this.

I think we will be much better at protecting Burrow this year with a starting line of...

Jonah-Spain/XSF-Hopkins-Carman/XSF-Reiff/D'Ante Smith

Ten times better than having Michael Jordan and Redmond out there in the middle with Hart at RT.

BTW, even Michael Jordan looks better than last year from what I saw, he was actually staying low. Maybe Willie helped him.

I like the additions to the oline. Reiff is the biggest upgrade in my book. I thought Spain did well last year. Carman or xsf should be an upgrade at right guard.

But overall I feel like we upgraded to a middle of the pack offensive line (hopefully). I’m not expecting a dominant group. Maybe they can improve in time to a top ten group, but it’ll take time. I expect us to struggle a bit against teams like the Ravens, 9ers, etc. But we’ll see.

I was mainly expressing my frustration with throwing Burrow to the wolves last year when the season was over already. It was just idiotic and maybe I should move on already. But it was a pretty epic ‘duck’ up and obviously makes things a lot more challenging then they needed to be for Burrow. Hopefully the teams past failures are behind them and they learned something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's stats from last year... - Bengalstripes9 - 08-07-2021, 04:17 PM