Player(s) {Who?}
Draft Picks {What Round(s)}
Other (List)
Pray Someone Good Gets Cut
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Trade For O-Linemen?
(08-07-2021, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like the unpopular opinion more than the other one myself. Keep Boyd.

Mixon is very good but RB but it doesn't matter if the OL sucks, he isn't Barry Sanders. Boyd on the other hand is our best WR 
right now
and I don't like the depth behind him enough to consider that trade. Boyd might be the best Slot WR in the NFL.

He is clutch and extremely valuable with all the traits you want and he is a leader for this team.

Indeed Boyd is clutch but Higgins was a slightly better WR on the team last year stat wise.  Higgins (908 Yards, 6 TDs,  13.6 yards per reception catch percent 62%) Boyd (841 yards, 4 TDs, 10.6 Yards per reception, catch percent 71.8%).   Boyd in the slot I totally agree with as well as his leadership.  I think he is great .  Especially the 2017 game where he caught that pass and knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs and put the Bills in.  It was awesome.

But we are talking about hypothetical situations here and trades.  If a team offered say a top 30 in the NFL guard for Boyd wouldn't you take it?  That would never happen but we are just talking about what ifs here.  Having a top guard locked down for the next few years (and if Carman works out) would put them in position to be able to draft and sign through free agency other points of need as well as a new slot receiver. 

This isn't going to be the Bengals break out year IMO. So if a deal was made that made the O-line better for years at the expense of Boyd I'd take it. Then again I don't own or manage an NFL team. :)

Oh and I agree Mixon isn't off the trading block if it were me. Seems the RB position loses value each year. And if he doesn't get better run blocking this year I am willing to bet he will be asking for a trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Would You Trade For O-Linemen? - George Cantstandya - 08-07-2021, 04:21 PM