Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-08-2021, 07:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think the biggest thing missing in a lot of these conversations is Zac Taylor.  In my mind, he's been an absolutely abysmal play caller.

I've never seen receivers blanketed in an offense like his are.  People often point to lack of seperation, and I that maybe somewhat true.  But I've seen teams with slower corps than us have guys be able to get open.  It's like Taylor has absolutely no idea how to exploit a defense, specifically a zone.  Either that, or defensive coordinators know what he's doing more often than not. 

Some of the windows Burrow was forced to throw into last year were some of the worst I've ever seen.  Our guys had defenders draped all over them.  And rarely did we seem to have a guy sitting there, plopped own in a zone. wide open.  We also seemed to be scared to death to use the middle of the field.  We only use our RB's and TE's as dump-offs; they rarely run actual routes.

Maybe I'm wrong on this; I'm far from an expert.  But from a casual fan's perspective, our playcalling and scheme are need of some serious work. 
Defenses very quickly pick.up on the routes run by the
Bengals targets. So many teams use rub routes to get their
Targets open yet ZT rarely uses rub routes.
The Chiefs and Steelers use it to death.

I wasnt a fan of Bob Bicknell. Heres hoping
Troy Walters can coach these WRs up better
To sell.their routes better downfield

ZT is a garbage play caller. Rarely uses presnap motion
Or misdirection. He has very little creativity. 
He doesnt change the tempo unless its the last 
2 minutes of either half and the Bengals need 
A score.
A empty backfield is not creative. 
Thats called leaving your QB out to hang.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow's stats from last year... - impactplaya - 08-08-2021, 08:33 PM