Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Bengals vs Buccaneers
(08-10-2021, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No one cares about the final score.  Im just saying if Brandon Allen and Auden Tate score 4 TDs against backups im not going to expect that to mean Burrow is going to  have a terrible year.

Actually, this Quora study found a small positive correlation between preseason record and regular season record.  I wouldn't give up on the season if we happen to win most or all of the preseason games, is all I'm saying.  That 2008 Lions going 4-0 in the preseason is like saying that Tom Brady proves the draft rank is meaningless.

https://www.quora.com/In-the-NFL-is-there-a-correlation-between-preseason-record-and-regular-season-record

As stated in this same thread it also happened in Cleveland's winless season.  4-0 in preseason and 0-16 in the regular.  Putting stock in a preseason game is not a good idea is all I'm saying.  The only good things are evaluating bubble players in live action, knocking the rust off for our starters and getting into 'game shape'.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict Bengals vs Buccaneers - EatonFan - 08-10-2021, 01:34 PM
RE: Predict Bengals vs Buccaneers - tms - 08-10-2021, 04:33 PM
RE: Predict Bengals vs Buccaneers - Tony - 08-10-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: Predict Bengals vs Buccaneers - tms - 08-11-2021, 01:40 AM