Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri governor pardons couple who aimed guns at BLM protesters
(08-11-2021, 12:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Your long, dithering, responses continue to fail to actually address any point being made.  The pardon was justified (you've failed to argue why it was not), the prosecutorial misconduct (which you still refuse to address) was real and in no way shape or form did the McClosky pardon interfere with or prevent a potential pardon in the other case.

In short, you're arguing just to argue.  You passed boring AF eons ago.

LOL sure, I "failed to argue why it was not" when I pointed out that the pardon did not meet the usual criteria of harm, contrition, and exhaustion of legal alternatives. Though it DID meet the negative criteria of political motivation. 

And I "refuse to address" prosecutorial misconduct by pointing out 1) the governor offered an altogether different reason for the pardon (why is he wrong and you're right?), and 2) prosecutorial conduct alone cannot justify a pardon.  The focus has to be on harm to the defendant.  

Should I have BOLDED that entire paragraph so you'd notice? 

No one is arguing that "prosecutorial misconduct" wasn't "real." No need to. But you don't appear to understand why that is the case.

Looks like you cannot follow the legal argument I've presented, let alone refute it. And demonstrating otherwise would be too "boring." 

So call it "boring," or "smarmy," and claim again (and again without demonstration) that it "fails to address the point being made." 
Re-state, without support, your guess that "misconduct" justified the pardon.

Anyone who followed the demonstration in post #37 will see it is not "refuted" by this sort of rinse and repeat.

And you don't have anything else. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missouri governor pardons couple who aimed guns at BLM protesters - Dill - 08-11-2021, 02:04 PM