Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Man says he was harassed while carrying gun at airport
I will never understand people who open carry. It's the most frequent topic of argument when I visit the gun related sites or forums I frequent. The purpose of carrying a gun is to protect yourself. Open carry completely negates that and actually makes you a target. If I'm a criminal and I spot a person carrying an AR15 I immediately know he's armed. I can approach him point a gun at him and demand he surrender his weapon, and any others he may be carrying. Doing so in a way that completely negates his ability to respond with his AR is easy as it's much simpler to act than to react, especially to an uncommon experience. Essentially open carry puts a huge bulls eye on your back and all it really does is unnerve people who aren't used to living in Somalia.

While I don't think that everyone in the country should be allowed to concealed carry doing so makes infinitely more sense than open carry and the stated purposes of both. If a criminal doesn't know you have a gun now he's the one reacting to the unexpected not you. Personally I think the vast majority of people who open carry are huge douches and yes, I realize I'm generalizing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man says he was harassed while carrying gun at airport - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-02-2015, 07:52 PM