Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri governor pardons couple who aimed guns at BLM protesters
(08-11-2021, 02:04 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL sure, I "failed to argue why it was not" when I pointed out that the pardon did not meet the usual criteria of harm, contrition, and exhaustion of legal alternatives. Though it DID meet the negative criteria of political motivation.

Irrelevant.  The "usual criteria" is just that, the usual.  It does not, and can not, cover all instances in which one is allowable.  You have yet to make a cogent argument for why a pardon was unjustified in this instance other than it does not fit the "usual criteria".  The very statement allows for instances that fall outside the norm.

Quote:And I "refuse to address" prosecutorial misconduct by pointing out 1) the governor offered an altogether different reason for the pardon (why is he wrong and you're right?), and 2) prosecutorial conduct alone cannot justify a pardon.  The focus has to be on harm to the defendant.  

His stated reason is also irrelevant.  The facts are the facts.  The couple was treated with extreme corruption and misconduct.  This is why you are squirming to avoid this point.  Also, prosecutorial misconduct absolutely can be grounds for a pardon.  Such misconduct irrevocably taints the entire case.  

Quote:Should I have BOLDED the entire paragraph on your "actual reason" so you'd notice? 

The misconduct was advanced as to why I thought the pardon was warranted.  Read my first response in this thread.

Quote:So no one is arguing that "prosecutorial misconduct" wasn't "real." No need to. But you don't appear to understand why that is the case.

Looks like you cannot follow the legal argument I've presented, let alone refute it. And changing that perception would be too "boring." 

No, you cannot follow the logic of how it taints the entire case.  Again, you do so because you have no argument other than the case does not fit the "usual criteria".  

Quote:So call it "boring," or "smarmy," and claim (without demonstration) that it "fails to address the point being made." 
Baldly re-state, without support, your guess that "misconduct" justified the pardon.

I call you boring and smarmy, because you are indeed both those things.

Quote:Anyone who followed the demonstration in post #37 will see it is not "refuted" by this sort of rinse and repeat.

And you don't have anything else. 

Yes, anyone who has followed this "discussion" can see you've got nothing and you're projecting your failures onto me.  And with that, I'm done arguing in circles with you on this subject.  Feel free to win internet points to be redeemed later.   Smirk
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Missouri governor pardons couple who aimed guns at BLM protesters - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-11-2021, 02:19 PM