Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengal Rey Maualuga arrested again.
This is really sad. I remember when he was first arrested years and years back for an alcohol related offense. It appears he's racked up a few since then.

Trying to look on the bright side of this though, the article states that he was apologizing for what he did and mentioned this could put him away for awhile. So he clearly knows and cares about the severity of his problem. That in and of itself isn't necessarily a great thing, but maybe this can serve as the wake up call he needs. Maybe this is his rock bottom, or he's finally forced to have no other choice to deal with this.

What's crazy is that when you hear of someone like Rey, who was drafted over a decade ago, you often think they're old. And he is in football years. But he's only 34. He, God willing, has a lot of life ahead of him. I know quite a few people who transitioned from partying in their 20's into having some problems in their 30's, who ended up getting their shit together. Let's hope that is the case for him. I'll be rooting for him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengal Rey Maualuga arrested again. - Wes Mantooth - 08-12-2021, 03:41 PM