Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart
(08-12-2021, 09:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sewell isn't really mauling guys in the run game, though.  For example...

"He’s a rookie offensive lineman, and learning a new position at that. So there will be mistakes, like the time he let an end-of-the-bench defensive tackle named Bruce Hector blow past him for a tackle for loss on Wednesday. Da’Shawn Hand got him on another play as well."

For reference, Hector is a 26 year old former UDFA who's bounced around as PS fodder and dressed for 11 games since '18.  The Lions claimed him on waivers last month from the Titans.  Hand was a 4th round pick in '18 and has had an injury riddled career, playing in 26 games with 11 starts and recording 3 sacks and 6 TFL's so far for his career.

Sewell has gotten plenty of praise in TC, but it's mainly been for his size and athleticism moreso than his actual play so far.

I think this will just be ignored by the Chase and Carman haters. Chase is coming around and I bet Carman and Sewell will as well.

It still is a matter of preference. 

How has Terrace Marshall looked in Camp is a wonder to me as lots were pushing for the Sewell/Marshall Draft over the Chase/OL 
in the 2nd?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jackson Carman At Bottom Of Depth Chart - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-12-2021, 10:36 PM