Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tampa Bay potential weather issues
(08-13-2021, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: A friend in college took me to her folks cabin in Laclosh Lake (sp?).  I remember it being a good 8 hours north of BGSU, so it was up there.  We caught almost all pike and ate them that night.  Absolutely amazing.  Beautiful area. 

La Cloche! I've never been, but looking it up, it's by Sault Ste. Marie, which is indeed 7 hours from Toronto, but is a much-more direct drive through Michigan, from BGSU, so that makes sense.

Pike are my favourite lake fish to eat; if their bones weren't an absolute nightmare, I'd think they'd be more-popular than Walleye (which is the lake fish of choice in Canada), but they can make eating it rough lol.

I make a Mantuan (Mantua {or Mantova, in Italian} is 2 hours southeast of Milan, where my parents and family are from) Pike dish that boils (essentially poaching) the Pike in a big pot, in a court bouillon-type concoction, then stripping the meat from the bones and skin and mixing it in a special green sauce (basically parsley, minced anchovies, garlic, butter, salt), then you let it sit for up to a day in the sauce, served with fresh polenta.

It is beyond delicious, so tasty and filling:

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Tampa Bay potential weather issues - pally - 08-12-2021, 01:29 PM
RE: Tampa Bay potential weather issues - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-13-2021, 10:13 AM