Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia
(08-12-2021, 07:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We really are spoiled up here, it's one massive benefit for the outdoorsman, living in Canada. Literally, unless you live is REALLY southwestern-Ontario (between Windsor and London), where you really only have Lake Erie (which is still great! lol), there isn't a single big/medium city in Canada, that isn't a short drive away from multiple lakes and rivers.

Hell, northern-Quebec and Labrador is literally, something like 90% uninhabited and is just pure lakes, rivers, wilderness, completely off the grid: if you had a float plane, you could literally fly to dozens of lakes that have never seen more than a handful of fisherman a year (if they've EVER seen a single fisherman), within an hour.

Nobody does of course, because it's costly and potentially dangerous, but it's possible.

I'm super-glad you had a wonderful time up here Big Grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lac_Seul

Wow! That's far north! About a 20-hour drive north (or more) from me.

I agree; fines are never worth the risk. Sturgeon indeed has some places where it's beloved, but you'd never be able to find it here. You CAN eat White Sturgeon in some spots, but I'm not sure. Caviar though, I go nuts for Big Grin

That's quite a feat! 15 minutes for that big? AND from shore? Just incredible, Nate! Big Grin

The sail, btw, is this guy:

That is a beautiful Sailfish, just beautiful. Cool

Sure sounds like a cool place, might have to go there some day and do some fishing.

BTW, I didn't catch my Sturg from the shore, had my uncle maneuver the boat which helped big time. Wish I was THAT good.

Sturgeons are just too damn smart. My 7 footer was probably around 60-70 years old and has been caught multiple times.

They live to be 200+. Wise fish. Ninja
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-13-2021, 01:37 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - samhain - 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM