Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Props to Zac Taylor for Play Calling
(08-15-2021, 02:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This is my question about the ratio, will it be the same when he has Burrow back there. 

This showed what the offense should look like no matter who is under center but will it continue? 

My feeling is yes, this “run more than pass” offense will continue even with Joe Burrow behind center. If we’re honest with ourselves we know the Bengals’ run blocking was historically bad over the last few seasons; Zac Taylor really had little choice but to air it out.

Last night’s run blocking scheme was better — mad props to Frank Pollack — but the players haven’t yet internalized the new technique. Here’s the good news though: The offensive linemen had superb footwork yesterday. I didn’t see any left over sloppiness. The upper body technique isn’t there yet but Frank Pollack is right to teach technique from the ground up first; a player who has correct footwork can set himself and block effectively even though his upper body technique might not be perfect. Conversely, an offensive lineman can have perfect arm and hand placement but with bad footwork he’ll play like he’s on a sheet of ice.

Two cases in point: Billy Price and Jonah Williams looked like completely different players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Props to Zac Taylor for Play Calling - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-15-2021, 04:42 PM