Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Name Breakfast
The other day, I got creative and made a concoction for breakfast and it was freaking great...I had no clue.

What ingredients?

A pack of Sausage Links
6-8 small Red Potatoes cleaned and quartered with skins left on
1-2 knuckles of fresh Garlic crushed...I think they are called knuckles anyway.
1 medium Onion diced or however you like them
1 Green Pepper cut up
1 carton of whole Mushrooms cleaned and cut in half
I don't know how much butter, I guess enough to coat everything as you mix it

In a skillet, fry up your sausage and when done, put on a plate to drain and cool off.
In the same skillet, melt the butter, add the garlic and onion and sauté the onion.
When you have your onion the way you like, add the potatoes and let them cook about a little over halfway mixing and coating the potatoes in the garlic butter and onion. While the potatoes are cooking, cut the sausage links up into thirds.
When that is finished, add your green pepper and mushrooms, and mix well. Cover and let the mushrooms cook down.
Once the mushrooms cook down, reduce heat to low and add you sausage and mix well.

Check the potatoes and once they are done, enjoy your breakfast.

If I remember correctly, from prep time to serve it took maybe 35 total minutes. Then again, it could have taken longer as I was also watch tv as I was cooking this up.

If you are health conscious, I guess you could sub out the butter with Olive Oil. I don't know how it would taste though since I love butter, lol.

Also, you could probably add any vegetables you wanted in this. Hell, when it's all cooked up waiting to be eaten, you could scramble some eggs and mix it in there as well.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
No Name Breakfast - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-08-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: No Name Breakfast - fredtoast - 11-08-2015, 05:06 AM
RE: No Name Breakfast - Benton - 11-08-2015, 10:21 AM
RE: No Name Breakfast - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-08-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: No Name Breakfast - Benton - 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM