Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teven Jenkins to have Back Surgery (Relevant to Bengals draft strategy)
(08-18-2021, 11:55 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: It's huge and a real vindication of the Bengals draft strategy. We traded down and picked up Carmen who, sure, looks raw, but I was very impressed with some of his snaps against the Buccs.

The real kicker here is that those acquired 4ths became Smith and Shelvin and I don't think I really need to aay more. When value and volume presents itself, more often than not it's worth it.

Yea, I think this really shines brightly on the Bengals draft team. I hope Carman puts it all together and starts week 1, but if he doesn't I think Smith has been a really pleasant surprise.

The more I think about Smith, the more I think we got away with a steal due to 2020's circumstances. With the pandemic kind of drawing attention away from smaller school guys, the fact that he was small school and played underweight may have got him stamped with the "project" tag before people even watched anything on him. Plus, he was injured at the beginning of 2020. Now, he's added weight and looks like a real contender for starting in week 1.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teven Jenkins to have Back Surgery (Relevant to Bengals draft strategy) - CJD - 08-18-2021, 12:15 PM