Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teven Jenkins to have Back Surgery (Relevant to Bengals draft strategy)
(08-18-2021, 12:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I was like you. I see Jenkins as a 10 year starter on at RT.

We have no idea if the Bengals saw any injury concerns with Jenkins and they may just have been bought by the two 4th round picks.

I wouldn't say that. Carmen hasn't done anything yet and we don't know when he will.

Those 4th round picks may end up being better than Carmen. None of this trading on draft day has Taylor written on it. This is Tobin's doing.

We'll have to see how things turn out in a couple of years.

There's no denying that the 4th round picks were what the team wanted, but they were trading down regardless. It was well known the team wanted to move down in the 2nd.

Also, it came out a couple of hours before the 2nd round that Jackson Carmen was being linked to the Bengals. People were saying that he'd be the pick even if we traded down. Only one OL went before our pick, and he was another injury concern. 

While teams will use some smokescreen, I firmly believe the Bengals were taking Carmen no matter what. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teven Jenkins to have Back Surgery (Relevant to Bengals draft strategy) - Bengal Dude - 08-19-2021, 12:27 AM