MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential?
Poll: who to start?
Start current best 5
Start potential best 5
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential?
Last year we had 11 different players START on our O-line. We had 9 different players start at least 5 games. Some of these players started at different positions.

I know we did not have much talent on our O-line last year, but the situation was made much worse by the injuries and suspensions that caused the lineup to change almost every week. There is no unit in football where it is more important for the players to get used to who is playing beside them.

I think this year there will be a big emphasis on picking 5 and trying to play them together all year. That makes the decisions on the rookies even harder. Is it better to go with the five best on opening day and then work the rookies into the lineup if they continue to improve during the season. Or do you go opening day with the 5 guys you anticipate being the best five by the end of the season.

On one hand the O-line may be a bit weaker at the start of the season if we start a rookie (I doubt it will be 2), but on the other hand the O-line may end up better because of the continuity.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential? - fredtoast - 08-19-2021, 09:13 AM