Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where will we land on the Opening Day OL?
(08-19-2021, 10:16 AM)jj22 Wrote: Why not Spain/XSF? We have veteran presence in the room in Reiff, Hopkins, and even Price. If they are beat out by youth (Smith, Jordan), is it really necessary to have a "vet" with our young drafted guys waiting in the wings (Carman, Hill).

If XSF doesn't start he is as good as gone. MB isn't going to pay him 3.5m to sit the bench. And I think Spain may be slightly (highly) overrated by some on this board. We have vets on the line, we don't need "veteran presence". Spain was never to be a key part of the rebuild, so we shouldn't treat him as such. This is still a youth movement we are in, and the youth need the experience. I'd feel differently if there was a top player ahead of him, but stunting their growth for a guy who would be out of the league if not for signing with the Bengals shouldn't be ideal.

If XSF or Spain gets beat out, yes I understand getting rid of either of them. However, I just don't expect Jordan or Smith to be good enough yet to do that. If Jordan actually is a starter, people (especially me) will be very worried about Burrow staying upright for quite a while.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where will we land on the Opening Day OL? - ochocincos - 08-19-2021, 12:37 PM