Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Guess 2021 Roster: Post TB game
(08-19-2021, 12:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is not my guess, that is the official depth chart the Bengals put out. 

https://www.bengals.com/team/depth-chart 

I should have put the link in there. I just got tired typing the whole thing out. It does say "Initial Team Depth Chart." I guess I was not clear enough. My bad. 

As you say, injuries (Adeniji, Hubert, maybe Christman) have taken some guys out of the running. But I thought starting the thread with where the team viewed things at the start of camp was a good place to start. 

One thing to notice about the initial chart, is that all the undrafted guys from this year are lowest, with the PS guys from last year next. In some cases, those guys were ahead of late round picks this year (Patrick over Evans). In no case was there a roster guy from last year. The complete list of new guys who were top 2 is Chase, Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Awuzie, Hilton, McPherson (all starting), Smith, Ossai, Apple, and Ricardo Allen as backups. All THOSE guys are FAs save for Chase, Ossai, Smith, and McPherson. Basically, the team's first chart was a seniority chart with a few notable exceptions.  

How much camp performances and the TB moved things around the fringes is the only real question.

I cannot really conceive of a guy listed as a starter currently not making the 53. OK, maybe 2. If McPherson tanks the rest of camp I could see us keeping Seibert, but that does not look likely. 

I could conceive of us only keeping 4 guards (Spain, Smith, XSF, Carman) and Jordan being out. But I think that is a longshot. Both backup Gs as rookies is risky and Jordan did well the first game. We only kept 9 OL last year, which I think was a mistake ZT will not repeat. Even with 10, those 4 guys plus Jonah, Reiff, Hopkins, Johnson gets you to 8. Backup C to 9 (Price, Hill, Sutherland). Jordan would have to lose out to another OT (Prince?) or the 3rd string C to be off if we go with 10.  

Gotta run now, will try to get my thoughts on TB game and where things stand before the WFT game.  

Cool man, good work. It is definitely not going to be the same as the initial team depth chart that is for sure.

Lots of players surprised and played great in the TB game. Really good showing from a wealth of players and the coaching 
also looked much better on both sides. Better play calling by both Zac and Lou for once.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Guess 2021 Roster: Post TB game - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-19-2021, 01:30 PM