Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trayveon Williams finished as a Bengal?
(08-19-2021, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was really excited about getting Trayveon Williams because I had seen him tear up the SEC.  He ran hard.  Had good vision.  Great plant and cut. Good receiver.  Even praised for his pass protection in college.  He lacked top end speed for a guy his size, and he did not have a  lot of "shake" or "juke" moves.  But he is the type of RB who could be very productive behind a good line and was versitile enough to make a good back up or third down back.

But the problem here was that he could not stray healthy.  He was injured in both of the previous pre-seasons.  And now I just saw that he will not play against Washington.

Even though we brought in Captain America I still felt like Williams had a good chance of making the roster, but he was clearly on the bubble and I am pretty sure missing the Washington game will pop that bubble.

Yeah, I think Evans and Patrick have pushed him out of a spot. Trayveon might make the PS but that is about it.

He just cannot stay healthy, I also had very high hopes for him when we drafted him but he hasn't been playing better than 
Evans or Patrick who both had a good game Saturday.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trayveon Williams finished as a Bengal? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-19-2021, 05:29 PM