Poll: who to start?
Start current best 5
Start potential best 5
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential?
Depends. I don't see it as cut and dry. If you have a rookie that is ever so slightly underperfoming a grizzled vet, that would suggest that by mid-season the rookie may play better than the vet. Other factors may be worth considering. If you have a serviceable vet like XSF who has struggled to stay healthy for 16 consecutive games, but who can backup multiple spots, I don't know if you would want to think of him as a "pencil in starter." You know that he should be a very high end backup coming off the bench, but you know that if he starts day one and makes it through 17 games that it would be an extreme outlier in his career. I don't know if I'd move him from the role of first guard off the bench(which he seems perfect for) IF there were a young player who could play at least comparably. I'd also skew the decision toward competent pass blocking. This is clearly not going to be a run first offense, so they really need 5 guys who are at least OK at pass protecting. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential? - Bilbo Saggins - 08-19-2021, 07:17 PM