Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia
(08-20-2021, 02:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Luckily, they don't go after huge prey/what they can't chew (they aren't like Sharks) and the main concentration of them in the world, is around the huge bridges in the Florida Keys, so I'd think us humans would be ok Wink. But yeah, they are just gargantuan and like all Groupers/Snappers, they come out of their hole, grab their food and swim right back; if you don't lock down that drag enough or have a strong enough line, you'll wreck EVERYTHING.

As for the Amazon and Africa, yes, there are some MASSIVE creatures in rivers. I've loved the Arapaima since I was 13/14 or so and it's just so cool to see one (we have 3 in the Toronto Zoo and they have to be at least 4 feet long), while the Goliath Tigerfish has always been fascinating as well (due to River Monsters).

Yeah, they won't eat yah unless they are WAY bigger than you are, who knows how big they get, big ocean. But yeah, they are
mostly down in the Keys. They sure look fun to catch and release, probably couldn't get a big one on a boat anyways.

Saw those Arapaima before on River Monsters, same with the Goliath Tigerfish that scares the crap outta me. Saw some fish in
Africa on one big, fast moving river that had monster teeth and was like 4 and a half feet long, freaky.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-15-2021, 02:43 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-20-2021, 02:40 PM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - samhain - 09-03-2021, 11:05 AM
RE: Shark Fishing in Nova Scotia - Sled21 - 08-27-2021, 11:35 AM