Poll: who to start?
Start current best 5
Start potential best 5
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential?
(08-20-2021, 01:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The only problem with that idea is that the O-line is very dependent on chemistry and how well they work together,  more so than any other position group.  Shuffling in guys later on or making changes during the season is not ideal.

Injuries are going to happen and occasionally someone else my filter in to give one of the starters a rest.   That sort of things is expected and depending on play - could result in a new starter.  

The way I look at it is that if the person who comes in due to injury or is giving someone a rest struggles or the synergy is wrong (i.e. the unit or part of the OL starts struggling) then they aren't going to win a starting job and likely won't be the 1st person off the bench for that particular spot any longer.   

I think the key is that while there is synergy / chemistry between the starting 5, that synergy somewhat encompases the entire unit.   They are all watching film together, receiving the game plans together, etc.   In an ideal world, they all hang out together also.   Playing/practicing together definitely solidifies things, but I am pretty sure they can handle a swap in / new starter provided it is handled correctly.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: O-line: start the five best now or the five with the best potential? - jwalker3853 - 08-20-2021, 05:37 PM