Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
Interested to hear what people think

Pros
1. McPherson. We've been in the wilderness regarding a kicker for sometime. Sure we messed up with Elliot, but boy you have to be excited about the consistency of this guy. I'm seeing on twitter that beat writers can't remember seeing a better offseason from a kicker.

2. First team defense. I thought the unit looked really good. Dline is playing nasty the new additions to corner in Hilton and especially Awusie are playing great. The unsung player and signing of the offseason for me could well be Ogunjobi. Dude is gone be such a useful weapon in terms of interior penetration.

3. Jalen Davis looks to be a real diamond in the rough find.

4. Carmen's growth. Sure he isn't crushing first teamers but you cant ask more from the guy than what he was doing last night. Still really solid in pass pro and just playing nasty all night. Love to see it. We are in such a better position regards to the oline. We have the vets and you can see that the rookies are only going to improve.

5. Can we actually use Auden Tate this year already.

Cons

1. Our backup QB situation is awful. Allen was terrible. He doesn't really offer anything. The frustrating thing obviously is there is no alternative because the street is absolutely bare. RG3? Rosen? Bortles? Its ugly.

2. Chase. People are going to blow up about this. Sure, I can understand. But for a guy that hasnt played a year, catching wayward and hospital passes in preseason isnt a good combo. It's not a great look but neither is getting blown up in preseason. He has a bit of the yips. I'll worry if this continues into the regular season. Until then it's more disappointing then a worry for me.

3. Starting Oline. Some ugly plays on the opening series. They were going up against probably the most savage DLine in the league so I can understand the jitters but it wasn't ideal.

4. RBs. I know I'm going to be slightly in the minority here but I am far from comfortable with our current group. We know what Mixon can be but it feels like we havent seen it for a long time. Behind him, a lot of question marks for me. Patrick and Evans have shown talent but also (Evans in particular) some poor decision making. I think we are really going to miss having what Gio brought to the table year in year out.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - BritishBengal - 08-21-2021, 07:53 AM