Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-21-2021, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Carman finally flashed on offense.  He had a few whiffs in space, but I remember one play where he got to the second level and buried a LB.  That is nice to see at least a progression.

Although the Bengals seem to be very high on Wilson, I still think he looks lost sometimes.  On the first defensive snap, a TE ran right through his zone and Wilson just froze.  I am sure other teams saw that and will exploit it.  Sure, it was just one play, but it was almost like he thought there was a LB to his left to pick him up...there wasn't.  It was his responsibility. He also is late to fill gaps and puts his head down and doesn't shadow the RB.  

I like Tate to move the chains or for red zone, but he got zero separation against backups and bobbled both of his receptions (although he did come down with them).  I just don't see him taking snaps from Chase, Higgins, or Boyd except to give them a blow.  

Speaking of Chase....That was a Ross-like, lifeless performance.  I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and think he will rise at home next week when they are at home and there is more energy.  It was a travel game on a short week.  But he looked flat.  

Allen's passes looked flat and WAY off target.  I am amazed that no one has picked up Bortles or RGIII.  He isn't overly athletic, either.  It's like:  what is he good at?

My biggest gripe is the coaching on offense...specifically the rushing attack.  Stop with the stupid misdirection plays and just man up and see if your line can do their job.  I have never seen a game plan where they are vanilla on pass but try to be cute on run.  Dumb.  You are supposed to be evaluating who can do something against the top talent.  

As far as your RB comment goes, it was pretty pathetic to have 55 yards of offense in the first half (only had the ball like 10 min), and Mixon needs to hit the hole harder.  He is a big man, but if he is stopped or trying to change direction, he is a lot easier to tackle.  

Bachie came back to earth and looked like a soft-armed, poor coverage LB.  

Lastly, Darius Hodge stands out almost every snap.  Dude is violent with his hands.  Some of our first string guys could learn by watching him slice arms that reach out to him.  

Agree with all of that. Only thing I will say about Tate. He does get it done. Yes he lacks separation looks a bit clumsy out there, but he makes a lot of plays. As a 4th receiver I just think he is such a nightmare physically. 

Totally agree with Hodge btw forgot to include him on my list. Was everywhere. Does make you think when back to health, I think our Dline is absolutely fine.

Also agree with Wilson, he seems fine, makes some nice plays but we do miss an enforcer back there. Really wonder why KJ Wright is still a FA.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - BritishBengal - 08-21-2021, 08:45 AM