Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-21-2021, 11:08 AM)bonesaw Wrote: I was really disappointed in the offense.  No identity.  Plays don't work off each other.  Just a bunch or random pop gun screens, 3 yard routes, and runs that develop slow in the backfield.  Defenders don't have to worry about anything going on behind them allowing them to sit and murder anything in front of them.  Makes it really easy for Lbers and safeties to play fast.  

If you can't run the ball downhill and throw it deep in the league you are in trouble.  I don't think this Zac guy is gonna make it.  Some of the ugliest games I've seen have come under him.  

Defense was ok but some bad run fits obviously.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing schematicly from the Bengals. The last two weeks they have run through a ton of different formations for a wide zone team and this week we have seen variations off those formations than we seen against the Bucs. One example was early in both games in game one it had Tyler Boyd running a route lined tight to the formation and making a catch. In the second game similar alightment wide zone run Tyler Boyd vs Chase Young run blocking. Yes that isn't ideal as a run play but for that first play to work the second play has to be a threat. 

I really liked the eye candy with the jet motions. They never flipped it to the WR (once they should have because of the defensive alightment) but it's a possibility and keep defense watching that.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Synric - 08-21-2021, 11:35 AM