Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
I have been down on the OLine all offseason. This is not a Sewell thing at all, I just was not happy with the depth. I must say I have been pleasantly surprised though. The 3 rookies (Hill, Smith though he didn't play last night, and Carman) have been looking good. I also have to say that Price and Jordan have been playing better than expected. If this continues I feel much better about the season and will be more than happy to eat a large serving crow.

The defense looks good. I like Darius Hodge and think this kid has to make the team. The first play was poor, but I thought Wilson played well overall. Jalen Davis has been looking good too. Hubbard and Hendrickson getting to Fitz was great to see. I'm not sure if this is because of Lou at all or if there's enough talent and it's in spite of him.

I believe Chase will get it figured out. Only time will tell. I'd be more concerned about the offense if it was spurting and looking this bad with Burrow in the game. I definitely think we can upgrade the backup QB position. Even if they do reach an extension with Bates, they could afford to bring in a better backup.

All things considered, the team is looking better than I expected and that's without Burrow. I am trying to stay cautiously optimistic as its only preseason, but the OLine and defense have played well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - muskiesfan - 08-21-2021, 01:00 PM