Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-21-2021, 01:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think the Ross comment is fair. Ross's biggest problem wasn't just drops or sloppy routes. His biggest problem and what ultimately landed him in the dog house was his complete lack of effort and tendency to give up on plays even when he's being targeted. 

I have two explicit memories of Ross literally just tailing off a deep route when he decided it was thrown too far, only for it to drop a yard or so in front of him, meaning he could have got it if he just kept going. 
Then there was another case where he was running a crossing route and was wide open, the pass was a hair too wide and he just let up and trotted to a walk.

Chase is nothing like that. Maybe he has a drops problem, maybe this is just an aberration, but one thing I know for sure is that he cares a lot about doing his job. So he'll never be as bad as John Ross.

Ted Ginn Jr is a better comparison. Has speed, gave effort, just dropped it alot.

Not saying this will continue, but you are 100% right that Ross was a lack of effort and just overall not suited for the NFL. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Murdock2420 - 08-21-2021, 02:38 PM