Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No love from NFL.COM: Midseason awards
(11-07-2015, 06:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Comeback player is reserved for a player who was great, but hit a rough patch, whether that be injuries, controversies, suspensions or general ineffectiveness, back to being great. What did Eifert come back from? A mildly disappointing rookie year and a few good catches in a quarter of football last year?

Jon Kitna won it in 2003 and he never had a "great" season before that. Btw, to deem Eifert's rookie season as "mildly disappointing" is ridiculous. Maybe to those who actually believed our 2 TE's would look like Gronk/Hernandez, but that was a silly idea to begin with. 445 yards in 15 games as a 2nd TE is actually quite good in the NFL. Especially for a rookie.

(11-07-2015, 08:04 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Come on now. Yes Dalton is having an MVP type season, but Brady is playing possibly the best season of his career.

Brady would get my vote (by a slim margin), but Dalton already won POM for October over Brady. 

So it's not like it's a silly notion.

(11-08-2015, 11:53 AM)pally Wrote: MVP- Tom Brady...Cam Newton and Andy should be in the conversations.  Again hinges on the post season

I keep hearing this, but why? 

Sure, I get that Newton is 7-0 and that his WR's are crap. I get that he puts up good rushing numbers. His passing numbers are awful though. One site I was reading said that he's had games where more than half his throws were off-target. That team is undefeated thanks to their defense. Cam deserves MVP talk about as much as Peyton Manning. I'm actually a pro-Cam guy too. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: No love from NFL.COM: Midseason awards - Shake n Blake - 11-08-2015, 03:29 PM