Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-22-2021, 09:12 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm disappointed in the run game so far as well. But the absolute #1 thing this line has to do is pass pro and they've done that well so far. If we go into the season with the running game still a work in progress it won't be ideal but I think we'll be able to get it going. Maybe wishful thinking but as long as were protecting Burrow I think good things are going to happen.

This is exactly the point. Some people will whine and cry about every little thing, while crapping on the most needed improvement. At this point in the season, I don't care one bit if they can run the ball. We have backup quarterbacks who are really no downfield passing threat, so teams can bolster their run defenses. Once Burrow gets back, they'll have to bolster their passing defenses, and the run game will open up. What is absolutely necessary, is being able to pass protect the QB this year, and so far after playing the best 2 defensive lines in football, ours are pretty much untouched. And that's Frank Pollack.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons - Sled21 - 08-22-2021, 12:04 PM