Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Billy Price making things difficult
(08-22-2021, 01:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price and the offensive line are doing way better in pass protection so far in preseason but their run blocking is still horrendous; the tackles are still getting eaten alive on run plays to the outside.  However, the run blocking is better than anything we’ve seen since 2018 so at least there’s improvement.  Frank Pollack has a few years of Jim Turner stank to un-coach and I’m surprised the line has responded so positively.

Okay, back to Billy Price.  Let’s not forget he was Frank Pollack’s first round draft choice in 2018 and let’s also not forget the Bengals started 4–1 that year before Price was injured.  Billy was playing well under Pollack’s tutelage and it’s no surprise he’s playing well again.  Billy may be trade bait, he may become a solid backup center, he may play guard, or it’s not out of the question he may win the starting center job.

Jim Turner coached players down and Frank Pollock coaches players up.

Those are both good and valid points to consider.  It will take a while for some fans to go back to expecting young OL players to develop and improve under competent coaching, rather than flash early and regress horribly, as they did under the piss poor methods and presentation of Jim Turner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy Price making things difficult - SunsetBengal - 08-22-2021, 03:09 PM