Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Give The Big Man (and the rest of them) A Hand!
(11-08-2015, 03:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Let it go. 
Most people have no interest in actually listening if you try to talk OL scheme and protections. Pre-snap reads, assignments and such.
They just make up a BS reason to blame someone as if it's just freestyle on the OL to block. 

Here's the play.
https://vine.co/v/eLDj6Kd9HQD

You can plainly see Whit has the outside rusher in pre-snap reads. That leaves Boling to cover his guy alone. 
He got beat on a very good play by the Browns DL. It happens. Had nothing to do with Whitworth. 

Had the outside guy dropped out sooner, Whit could have helped but by the time the guy went out with the RB, it was too late.

(11-08-2015, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The offensive line usually only gets mentioned when they struggle.  Our offensive line is just as responsible for the team's success as Dalton, Green, Marvin, etc.  

I would love to see a season where all the guys get Pro Bowl nominations, but have to decline anyways  Rolleyes.

Mhm, but, "people watch the play again and it was at least, PARTIALLY on him," oh God it just makes me shake my head. Thank you both.

(11-08-2015, 12:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree Truck, now that the Bengals are considered legit contenders for the Super Bowl, the entire team will now get more exposure. I love the way all those who ignored the return of Eifert and Jones and AJ only playing around 60% of the snaps versus over 90% this year and normally have now learned that valuable info they had wanted to know prior to picking us 3rd in the AFCN in 2015.

Jones, Whittworth and others will start getting some love now. That and appearing on national TV at least 5 of your 16 games gets them all more exposure. These clowns need to go back and look at Whitt's career now if they are good journalists.

I hope you're right; guy should've been first team AP and starter at PB last year and he didn't even sniff it (well, he was 2nd team AP, but nobody cares about that), as it was the best LT season since the heydays of Pace, Ogden and Walter Jones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's Give The Big Man (and the rest of them) A Hand! - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-08-2015, 05:12 PM