Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bernie Sanders .... Tax rate 90%
(06-02-2015, 07:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So I looked at the numbers using table 3.2 here: https://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals

It's not as detailed as some others, but provides a good enough picture. From what I can tell, the numbers provided in the article would include everything under VA benefits, income security (including retirement for fed employees), and health. Admittedly, this is just a shot in the dark. Without specifics it's hard to say what they are considering welfare, but the rest of it wouldn't work as such and those items add up to the roughly $1 trillion mark. Maybe they aren't including the federal employee retirement stuff and including all of education. I don't know.

We really do need welfare reform, can't deny that. I think that particular piece of literature, however, it based more on rhetoric than on facts.

Based on current and past allocation of the federal budget, they have to be. Considering the source too, it's easier to just call all mandatory spending "welfare" and claim there's a problem. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bernie Sanders .... Tax rate 90% - BmorePat87 - 06-02-2015, 09:20 PM