Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-26-2021, 08:22 PM)Emeritus Wrote: 2) I certainly get the history... The seating has always been the deal breaker in the university moving to say the Big10... With all the fluctuations of the conferences being realigned its big business to go to PBS. That stadium on campus will be a showcase for high level Ohio high school football. It comes down to money and thats it. You make very valid points but its politics & dollars.

The biggest deal breaker in UC moving to the Big 10 will always be your avatar.  They will never allow that to happen.  I don't care how big of a stadium UC has.

Nippert as it stands is perfect for UC.   It holds 40,000.  I don't think they need the additonal 24,000 seats just yet.

The ideal landing spots for UC is 1.) the ACC and then 2.) what remains of the Big 12.  At 40k it shoudn't preclude them from membership.

Boston College - 44k
Wake Forrest - 31k
Syracuse - 49.k
Georgia Tech - 55k
Duke - 40k
NC State - 57k
TCU - 45k
Kansas State - 50k
Baylor - 50k
Kansas - 50k

UC still has some room to expand.  Them not hosting FC Cincinnati opens room up on the lower level for a few extra thousand seats and I think they can add near the press box too.  I think I rememeber reading they can get close to 50k if they want, which doesn't put them far off from some Big 10 programs. (Maryland - 54k, Rutgers 52k, Northwestern - 47k, and Minnesota - 50k.)

I see absolute no reason they would ever want to use PBS full-time.  The students would hate it, and they've built up so much infrastrucure around campus that it makes no sense to have the team playing 5 miles away if they don't have to.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie is the top executive in the league! - Wes Mantooth - 08-26-2021, 08:56 PM