Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-26-2021, 08:35 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A fully funded stadium?  No, no cities are immediately coming to mind; that's why I asked you who you were referring to. 

A 100% tax payer funded stadium has been slowly becoming a thing of the past.  And now coming off a Covid, where local budgets are decimated and future tax revenue is up in the air, I can't see anywhere lining up to pay for "Katie's Word."

Let's look at some of the indivudual cities.  You tell me who sounds the most plausible.

-St. Louis?  We can immediately cross them off the list.  They wouldn't pay up last time and that their finances have gotten much worse since.

-San Diego?  See St. Louis.

-San Antonio?  Does the NFL want 3 teams in Texas?  More importantly, does Jerry Jones want 3 teams in Texas?

-Portland?  You gotta be kidding me.  Good luck getting that financed.

-Oakland?  Third times a charm?

-Mexico City, Toronto, London?  Is Katie's World going international?

If they elect to move the team it's going to require a sizeable investment by the family.  That's going to include some of the contruction costs, an indoor facility, and filling out their front office.  No one is just going to gift the a brand new stadium with no strings attatched.  Not in 2021, and not anytime soon either.
Tiger
Well lets just say that after its all said and done she's had enough and wants to sell... Just a hypothetical it happens. Jeff Bezos or another billionaire is interested and wants to move the team. This is an extremely real thought. So that will take your whole argument out of the equation. This would be all about politics and money and not who dey. If that happens you don't need tax payer coin.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie is the top executive in the league! - Emeritus - 08-26-2021, 09:45 PM