Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Billy Price Is Rocketing Up The Depth Chart!
(08-27-2021, 10:20 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Personally, i don't think the majority of the blame goes on the players.  The offensive line plays better in some system than others.  My guess is Frank Pollacks blocking scheme is more of a fit for the players on the OL than Jim Turners was.  

Which in turn, why hire a OL coach who's system doesn't fit his personnel?  I had the same question for the DC.  Why hire a DC who's known for zone defense when you have mostly players that have played man defense with some zone mixed in.

Two massive hiring mistakes by a very inexperienced head coach who maybe has finally learned his lesson.  Otherwise, we're in for a long year. 

I think far as the coaching staff hirings goes it was a combination of hiring Zac Taylor late in February meaning a lot of quality assistant coaches were already hired combined with Zac having a limited network. Zac is young and brought in Turner and Anarumo not because they were the best candidates, it was because he knew them from Miami which was one of his only NFL coaching stops. Versus an experienced coordinator like Marvin Lewis who had a ton of league coaching connections and could bring in guys like Zimmer , Gruden and so on. Pollock was brought in because he was here before not because Taylor knew him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy Price Is Rocketing Up The Depth Chart! - lone bengal - 08-27-2021, 10:50 AM