Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-26-2021, 07:40 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Yes, I stand by that statement. If I were starting an organization she would be my first hire. 

I mean, there's a lot that goes into managing a front office, but I have to imagine some modicum of actual on-field success has to exist before you can anoint an executive as the best in the league.  The last 4 seasons in Cincinnati indicate that there are many executives more adept at running NFL teams than Katie.  She automatically takes a backseat to any of the perennially good teams like Pittsburgh or Baltimore, New England, Seattle, maybe even Denver.  They may have down years, but not 3 or 4 straight, not ever.  When they fail at building on-field personnel, they're smart enough to delegate to football people rather than keep trucking on the Jerry Jones Owner/GM path.

She may be good at not going over the cap, but that's just one aspect.  The key is to stay under and balance it with winning consistently, and that's a major missing piece in this argument for her.  If you win consistently, you keep your stadium full(er), you sell merchandise, you max out ad revenue, and you in general keep your brand relevant locally, and ideally even nationally.  If you're a great executive, you don't find yourself in a position of selling season tickets for 400 bucks a pop when they used to go for 1K.  You're not begging people to come back to the fold, because they don't leave in mass exodus.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie is the top executive in the league! - samhain - 08-27-2021, 05:45 PM