Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-27-2021, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have made some major changes.

Now that they are shelling out big money on free agents I bet they will keep their coaches on a shorter leash.  If they are going to spend it they are going to demand returns.

Taylor has to win 9 games to keep his job.  I doubt that makes the playoffs in a 17 game season.  So it is still a pretty low bar.  But no way he survives another losing season after all the players he has been given.

You really think has has to win 9?  I'd be surprised if he got fired after a 7 or 8 win season.  It would still be a major improvement, and while they have changed a lot of their old ways, I don't see them wanting to go through the firing/interviewing process again if they can avoid it.  They seemed to really hate it last time.  

I think anything over 5 wins keeps him here in a win-loss vacuum.  The only caveat would be if he goes pass-heavy behind an obviously bad line again and breaks the quarterback two seasons in a row.  I don't think the Family will sit through watching the golden goose getting run over again and settle for the scalp of some position coach or coordinator.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie is the top executive in the league! - samhain - 08-27-2021, 08:08 PM