Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Katie is the top executive in the league!
(08-28-2021, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know why so many fans claim that "based on the past" they will keep Zac after a third losing season.  Just look at what they have done in the past.

They did not keep Marvin after three losing seasons.

They did not keep LeBeau after 2 losing seasons.

They did bring back Coslet after three losing seasons, but he only lasted three games.

So based on "history" Zac won't be back after three losing seasons.

Marvin was fired after 3 straight losing seasons, but also after coaching a total of 16 years too.  That's not really apples to apples (3 seasons vs 16 seasons, both with 3 straight losing seasons)

Lebeau was an interim coach and was never supposed to be the head coach to begin with.  He was also fired as the team was opening a brand new stadium.  Not to mention he was in his mid-60's.

Coslet wasn't fired, he resigned.

Who knows what they would or wouldn't do if he has another losing season?  I suppose we won't know unless that happens.  But the fact he's got a fully guaranteed 5 year contract, and with the history of David Shula that you conveniently left out (the closest comparison to Taylor by age and tenure), I don't blame people for thinking this team might elect to keep him again if he only wins 6 or 7 games.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katie is the top executive in the league! - Wes Mantooth - 08-28-2021, 11:34 AM