Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
While the discussion still seems to be that the numbers people agree are right but want to complain about because it highlighted one group versus another I thought I'd get us back on track with some Coronavirus discussion.

We went with friends to see a band last night at an outdoor venue and between sets I found myself speaking with a friend of a friend.  She was talking to another lady about the vaccine and she seemed more informed than the average person.  The lady she was speaking to was asking all kinds of questions because someone in her family was sending all kinds of anti-vax videos and articles and she was afraid that she might die because she had both her doses.

So the woman I ended up talking to made it pretty clear:  Published peer reviewed studies matter.  YouTube videos and articles on the web do not...unless they have been published studies that have been peer reviewed and agreed upon. (I'm summing up a much longer, involved explanation.)

As the two of got to talking about how we knew the mutual friend and whatnot I asked what she did for a living and it turns out she works for the CDC.  And her job is to review the various published articles for them in some sort of local capacity. (Again, summing up.  There was more to her job.)

It was interesting to actually hear from someone who looks at these things and could clearly articulate the facts vs the politics.  

So go get the vaccine.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 08-29-2021, 10:20 AM