Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the Government aid is delayed
(11-08-2015, 06:38 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yes, and most of those are Catholic.

Despite all of my beefs with the Catholic Church, I will at least give them credit for their great contributions to charity, even though some of them are stained by corruption and warped priorities.

Most of the Protestants in my experience couldn't care less, and when they do, the "gotta get saved" string is always attached.
https://philanthropy.com/article/Religious-Americans-Give-More/153973

Quote:Among the findings:

• Giving rates among black Protestants, evangelical Protestants, Jews, mainline Protestants—which include Episcopalians, members of the United Methodist Church, Presbyterians, and some Lutherans—and Roman Catholics were about the same. However, while roughly half of all members of the other faith groups contribute to religious congregations, only 37 percent of Jews did the same.
• American households donated a median $375 to congregations, $150 to religiously identified nonprofits, and $250 to secular charities in 2012.
Black Protestants, followed by Roman Catholics and Jews, were the most likely to give out of the desire to help the needy.
• The three most popular charitable causes for all households regardless of religious affiliation were, in descending order: basic social services, “combined purpose” organizations (like United Way), and health care.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the Government aid is delayed - bfine32 - 11-08-2015, 06:56 PM