Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles?
(08-29-2021, 09:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Duly noted, but most of those guys are regulars that will be playing in most every game this season.  They sucked ass as a unit, they bit on screens again, making marginal RBs look like stars both running and catching the ball.  Piss poor tackling by the secondary led to several drive extending 1st downs, as well.

Also of note, so much for Chase putting in all of that extra work to get past his case of the dropsies...

A couple guys on the Dline should be in the normal rotation, then maybe a LB or 2 but the guys in the back end probably won't get much time. 

They were playing against a backup QB so you'd expect them to play better. I'm just not ready to write off the regular season based on the play of mostly 3rd and 4th string guys in the preseason. They're entering the season with a pretty good looking team. When they all start getting snaps for an entire game, i'm going to expect them to look pretty good based on past play. 

There's just too much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth for preseason games, if you ask me. 

As far as how they looked on the whole, this game? Up until the last couple drives, they had only given up 14 pts and had a 12 pt lead against a QB that played the entire game. Everyone just needs to shake out the hands, take a deep breath and count down the days till the opener. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles? - rfaulk34 - 08-29-2021, 09:51 PM