Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles?
(08-30-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would go kick Lou in the balls on that one.  I don't care who you have out there, you NEVER rush just 3 guys in those situations.  It gives the opposing QB time to scramble and receivers to get open.  DUMB!  

That being said, the Bengals were in position to tie it with a FG at the end (and would have normally) and if we are going to lose on a STUPID play like that, it had better be in the preseason.  

Being at the game yesterday gave me a “whole field” perspective and that was NOT the only play where the Bengals’ secondary got BLEEPING torched. The second string defensive line did an above average job putting pressure on the Miami quarterback and were that not the case there would have been a lot more completed downfield pass attempts.

On that particular play, however, the entire defense was in the wrong scheme. You’re absolutely right: You should rush four and put a safety over the top.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the Bungles ever stop being the Bungles? - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-30-2021, 08:58 AM