Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow says Thad Moss will be a big part of the team
(08-30-2021, 11:48 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I liked the Moss pickup.  I think he was worth the chance.  That said, if he's a big part of our team in 2021 that doesn't necessarily speak very well for our Tight End room right now.

If you pick up a guy who went undrafted, who was then waived from his first team after only season, and he immediately finds a role with your team, when you have a 6 million dollar 7th year vet, and a former 2nd round, 3rd year vet, that's not the best of looks.

I hope Moss does great.  If he find a role then that's awesome.  But if that happens, what an embarrassing chain of events for the Bengals.  You hold onto to a guy like Uzomah who's a cap casualty on most teams, and then you have Drew Sample who would further cement himself as a turd sandwhich if Moss puts up numbers.

Bascially what I am saying is this... If Moss carves out the role that is awesome for him and his fans.  It's not so good for Duke Tobin and Zac Taylor.  If he's used a bunch then this speaks to some serious issues in player evaluations and roster construction.

Yeah, right. Finding an undrafted player who can contribute is always a sign of a poor front office.

I believe the Steelers fired their GM when undrafted free agent James Harrison made their roster, didn't they?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow says Thad Moss will be a big part of the team - fredtoast - 08-31-2021, 10:41 AM