Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Coaches & Org please pay attn
(09-01-2021, 06:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You and I both know, Ocho, that one of the 3 sticking posts (used that instead of, "points," purposely) with almost the entire fanbase, was that he indeed kept, "marquee," players that were over the hill and played them over young guys who were better, hungrier and more-suited to the needs of the team.

Zac hasn't gotten rid of guys, just to get rid of guys: he has purged the old and gone with new, who buy into the system and (seemingly) play for the team.

Results or not, players have to be super loyal and bought-in, if a coach has 6 wins over 2 years.

It's really tough to sell to fans that this would need to be a multi-year rebuild.
The Bengals have 5 straight years of losing seasons, two of which have come under Taylor.
5-season losing streak is tied for 2nd in franchise history, only behind 6 straight losing seasons 1997-2002.

Bengals need to have a winning season this year to avoid tying the longest losing streak in franchise history.
And Taylor has the worst winning percentage of any NFL coach in history, so that's another reason I have zero faith in his culture change.
I don't see enough coming from him and his staff to make me hopeful for the franchise.

About the only positive I see right now is what Elizabeth Blackburn has been doing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Coaches & Org please pay attn - ochocincos - 09-01-2021, 06:54 PM